Welcome to my world - a blend of passion, taste, and old-world traditions.

Benvenuti nel mio mondo - un mischio di passione, gusto e vecchie tradizioni.

Wednesday, September 23, 2026

PAN SEARED TILEFISH

I never knew that tilefish was considered a delicacy until I cooked it.

I found it to have a mild, sweet flavor and a firm flaky texture. 

There are many ways of cooking tilefish, I ch0se pan seared.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 tilefish fillets
  • Sea salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
  • Lemon wedges, for serving
Procedure:

Pat the tilefish dry with paper towels and season both sides with salt and black pepper.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.  Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat until shimmering.
Place the tilefish in the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
Flip the fish and add garlic and lemon zest to the pan.
Cook another 5 minutes. The fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
Sprinkle with parsley.
Serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges.

Tilefish is rich, so I like to serve it with simple sides.

For this dinner, I made sauteed escarole.

Sauteed escarole

Tilefish is one of the best-tasting fish you can eat!

I eat a lot of different fishes, but this was gold!



No comments:

Post a Comment