Welcome to my world - a blend of passion, taste, and old-world traditions.

Benvenuti nel mio mondo - un mischio di passione, gusto e vecchie tradizioni.

Wednesday, July 20, 2022

COMPOST AT HOME

We all know that compost is "gold" for any garden.  It fertilizes and improves the soil. 

I simply transform our table waste into a natural fertilizer. The materials I use include leaves, grass clippings, and kitchen garbage: fruits, vegetable peels, eggshells and coffee grounds.


Our compost pile is in a hidden corner of the garden. The organic matter is piled up and left around 6 months.


--------------------

Last year, I used the compost as mulch along our sunny driveway.  After few weeks, we saw melons growing along our driveway.  I guess seeds can survive in a passive composting pile.


Cantaloupes




What a delicious surprise!


No comments:

Post a Comment