Welcome to my world - a blend of passion, taste, and old-world traditions.

Benvenuti nel mio mondo - un mischio di passione, gusto e vecchie tradizioni.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Abandoning Wall Street for the Love of Food

Wall Street professionals who are fed up with their careers and fascinated by food and wine applied for jobs at EATALY.

Eataly, NY
For the people who do not know – Eataly is a 50,000-square-foot space brought to New Yorkers by three of the top Italian-American restaurateurs in the Nation: Mario Batali, Joe Bastianich, and Lidia Matticchio. Founded by Oscar Farinetti, and located in the lobby of the Toy Building (200 Fifth Ave. between 23rd and 24th streets) in the Flatiron District, Eataly features multiple restaurants, including a fine dining Italian steakhouse called Manzo, a Neapolitan pizzeria, and a year round rooftop beer garden and microbrewery (*Which is set to open to the public in November), a cooking school, and retail stores.

According of Oscar Farinetti, the founder: “Two boys, with a degree in communications, came to me in Turin demanding work. I said I have nothing here, but I'm opening a large complex in New York, an emporium of high quality food and seven restaurants. I need someone who can make cheese by hand. If you learn, the place is yours. They started running. I sent them in Andria , have been there for two months. "

This reaffirms my belief that one should be a jack of all trades. To me, an educated person is -
A person who can think with their mind and work with their hands.

I think I'll go to make fresh mozzarella now. 

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCnVyrZ1s2M

No comments:

Post a Comment