Welcome to my world - a blend of passion, taste, and old-world traditions.

Benvenuti nel mio mondo - un mischio di passione, gusto e vecchie tradizioni.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Preserving Summer - Conservare l'estate

I savor summer's flavors year-round by canning fresh fruits and vegetables from our garden
The tomato crop seems to be abundant and our pear tree is delightful.


There were so many pears that I decided to preserve some in jars.


Pickled vegetables provide a taste of summer all year long.  Great as snacks, appetizers.  Also great to enhance meat taste.


Salad in a jar



Melanzane sott'olio - Pickled eggplant
























2 comments:

  1. I'm coming back home, and I will do a lot of Conserve from my dad's garden, just like you.
    Sorry if Iseems so bored. I wasn't. I like your country and the way you Americans live. I was so nasty because it was a forced work-stay. But sorry again. Usa is THE country, and I know that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your apologies accepted. I was debating whether to comment on your blog post, but I felt I had. I was born in Italy, but I resent any derogatory comments about my adoptive America (even with all its faults).

      Delete