Welcome to my world - a blend of passion, taste, and old-world traditions.

Benvenuti nel mio mondo - un mischio di passione, gusto e vecchie tradizioni.

Friday, March 16, 2012

EATING WELL ON THE CHEAP - Shop Wisely

In today's economy,  many of us are trying to stretch our food dollars and still eat a healthy diet.  It takes a little knowledge, time, and planning, but it is possible to enjoy healthy food on the cheap.  The conventional grocery store is not the only place to buy food, especially fresh produce.  From summer ‘till late fall, I buy my produce at Farmers’ Markets.  In the winter months, I shop at ethnic markets where they have a great selection of fruits and vegetables at affordable prices.

Receipt


I admit one will not find these prices in a major city, but today I spent $8.21 on all this produce at my local ethnic market. 





All photos - Copyright - ©2012 - La Casa e Il Giardino

2 heads of Romaine Lettuce - $1.00

5.89  lb. golden delicious apples - $.50/lb.- $2.95

Indian eggplant - $.99/lb. -$.89
Zucchini - $.99/lb. - $1.56
White and red potatoes - 4 lb./$1.00 - $.81


6 lemons - $1.00 


No comments:

Post a Comment