Welcome to my world - a blend of passion, taste, and old-world traditions.

Benvenuti nel mio mondo - un mischio di passione, gusto e vecchie tradizioni.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Pork Skin Braciole - Braciole di Cotica di Maiale


I don't make a habit of cooking pork skins because of the caloric content, but once or twice a year, I make an exception as they make any kind of pasta taste great.  A definite family favorite.



Ingredients
6 pieces of pork skins
3 cloves of garlic, minced
4 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
1 fresh, chopped red or green peperoncino (optional)
6 small pieces of Parmigiano or Romano cheese
salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 can chopped tomatoes




Spread the mixture of parsley and garlic and one piece of cheese over the top of each pork skin. 
Grind black pepper over each skin. 
Roll skins like a log and tie from one end to the other with string. 



In a skillet, add the olive oil.  Place the tied pigskin braciole and sauté’ until golden.  Add a can of chopped tomatoes and let them simmer in the sauce for approximately an hour.  Once done, remove from sauce.  Cut off the string, slice and serve.





9 comments:

  1. Ricetta fantastica che io, personalmente, apprezzo ancora moltissimo!!

    ciao loredana

    ReplyDelete
  2. my grandma made these in her gravy(sauce)for many years!when my grandpa
    was concerned about cholesterol she stopped,lol.i was too young and not
    brave enough to try them but they always looked good and smelled good when
    she made them.thanks for a great memory.i miss my grandma very much!

    joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother used to make these and they were delicious and looked just like yours. I live in .Virginia now and dont know where to get the skins down here. I asked a butcher once and he looked at me like I was an alien, lol. If he only knew how good they were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. Yes, they are good.

      Delete
    2. Asian stores have pork skin

      Delete
    3. So do some (not all) grocery stores....Thank you for commenting.

      Delete