Welcome to my world - a blend of passion, taste, and old-world traditions.

Benvenuti nel mio mondo - un mischio di passione, gusto e vecchie tradizioni.

Friday, November 26, 2010

SUSTAINABLE EATING - Soup from Turkey Carcass

The day after Thanksgiving, as I'm cleaning up I take the turkey carcass and make a delicious soup .  It has become a yearly ritual!



Place the carcass in a large soup pot and add cold water to cover by an inch or two.  Bring to a boil and skim any foam. 





Add a carrot or two, celery, a cherry tomato and little salt.   Simmer until the broth is rich about 2 hours.
Remove the turkey carcass.  Before discarding it, remove the pieces of meat attached to the carcass and put back into the broth.

In the meantime, I boil some barley separately and cook it midway.  I then stir the barley into the broth and season it with black pepper.

Trust me, it's light, flavorful and delicious.










No comments:

Post a Comment