Welcome to my world - a blend of passion, taste, and old-world traditions.

Benvenuti nel mio mondo - un mischio di passione, gusto e vecchie tradizioni.

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Baked Potatoes with Skins and Charred Peppers

One of my mother’s special treats that I loved as a child was potatoes with skins roasting in glowing embers in the fireplace. She would bury them nude and raw among the embers making sure they were well covered. They had such particular scent and flavor. Today, baked potatoes with skins remain one of my favorite but instead of a fireplace, I bake them in the oven. 



Ingredients

4 potatoes red or white
1 charred red bell pepper(see charred peppers)    
1 charred green bell pepper
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
1 clove of garlic chopped
Salt and pepper                                                                    

Wash and dry potatoes. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, leaving skins on.  Bake 30-35 minutes at 400 degrees or until crispy.



Immediately, cut hot potatoes into uneven chunks with the help of a fork and knife. Add charred peppers, olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.  Serve immediately.




It makes a wonderful side dish.

1 comment:

  1. I *love* potatoes and peppers, but I haven't made them this way...yet. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete